Every year, Choice
subject editors single out for recognition the most significant print
works reviewed in Choice during
the previous calendar year. Appearing annually in Choice’s January
issue, this prestigious list of publications reflects the best in scholarly
titles and attracts extraordinary attention from the academic library
In awarding OUTSTANDING ACADEMIC TITLE status, the editors apply several
criteria to reviewed titles:
- overall excellence in presentation and scholarship
- importance relative to other literature in the field
- distinction as a first treatment of a given subject in book or electronic form
- originality or uniqueness of treatment
- value to undergraduate students
- importance in building undergraduate library collections
The list cites only bibliographic information. The number and publication
issue of each review are also provided to assist readers wishing detailed
evaluations of the titles.
In publishing the OUTSTANDING ACADEMIC TITLES feature, Choice acknowledges
and honors the authors, editors, and publishers of these works for
their vital contribution to the scholarly endeavor.
As you view the
Choice list, you may click on a title and be immediately in the ordering
section of our website. Thank you for choosing Emery-Pratt
online and happy shopping.